[U-Boot-Users] Script based testing?

Charles J Gillan C.Gillan at ecit.qub.ac.uk
Wed Aug 17 18:18:44 CEST 2005

We are planning to write some Perl scripts to automate our testing and

we will use the U-Boot shell via the serial interface.

This is appealing because, for example, we can put tests into lengthy repeat

loops and run them automatically to stress our board.

We will use some of our own custom commands that we added to the build for
the

FPGAs on our board but it seems to us very likely that this script based
testing

has probably been done before by many U-Boot users for the "common" commands

that are in the build.

I am aware of the Kermit scripts in the tools/scripts directory but they
perform only

a few commands.

I checked the mail archive at SourceForge but found nothing relevant, so I
am

raising this on the list myself.

Are there any existing scripts (Perl or any other language) for U-Boot
command line

testing and that are in the public domain already ?

Thanks,

Charles.

--------

Dr Charles J Gillan

The Institute of Electronics, Communications and

       Information Technology (ECIT),

Queen's University Belfast, Titanic Quarter

Queen's Road, Queen's Island,  Belfast, BT3 9DT

Northern Ireland, UK

Tel:  +44 (0) 2890 971847

Fax: +44 (0) 2890 971702

--------