[U-Boot-Users] Patch for drivers/cfi_flash.c; properly detect write errors.

Marcus Hall marcushall at lucent.com
Tue Aug 23 23:01:53 CEST 2005

Hello..

It seems that there is a minor problem in cfi_flash.c that prevents it
from detecting that a flash write error has occurred.

The first change in the attached patch is trivial, it just makes the
strings output for a protected and a non-protected sector have the same
length so the output looks prettier..

The second change is in flash_full_status_check().  We have just called
flash_status_check() and then did a switch() on the vendor.  For intel,
we *should* check if there are any error bits if the previous call
returned ERR_OK (Otherwise we will have output an error message in
flash_status_check() already.)  The original code would only check for
error bits if flash_status_check() returns ERR_TIMEOUT.

--
Marcus Hall
marcushall at lucent.com