[U-Boot-Users] How to boot Multi-file image?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 29 10:37:40 CEST 2005

In message <6.2.1.2.0.20050829091939.030665a0 at 192.168.2.1> you wrote:

> To boot single-file images I applied a patch released by Russell King to load
> the ramdisk image directly from a MTD partition. The kernel is
> >Copying from rom to ram will work, as long as the image file is a raw gzip
> We use this technique with our ARM7-based platforms.

Is there any spoecial reason for *not* fixing the kernel to accept  a
ramdisk image in flash? The required changes have been posted before;
ok, this was for a 2.4 kernel, but it's not exactly rocket science.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Life would be so much easier if we could  just  look  at  the  source
code.                                                   -- Dave Olson