[U-Boot-Users] Compilation/run issues with native gcc

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 29 10:41:34 CEST 2005

In message <43395BE65409D911B9FF00110A9BFFDC04C16E44 at zwg57exm01.ea.mot.com> you wrote:

> 1) gcc 3.3.4 - Linking of u-boot image failes:
> If I remove "-Map u-boot.map" from the Makefile the linking is successful.

This has been dicussed several times before. Why didn't you check the
archives?

This has nothing to do with GCC. It's the linker which is broken  (i.
e. the binutils package).

> 2) gcc 3.3.6 - Linking OK(?), but image cannot run (cmd relocation failes):

This has been posted before, too. Again, it seems to be a linker bug.

> Comments on that?

Use working tools.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in  times  of
moral crisis, preserved their neutrality."                    - Dante