[U-Boot-Users] MIPS problems compiling with ELDK 3.1

Lars Wolf lars.wolf at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Dec 1 16:32:50 CET 2005

Hello,

I am not familiar with U-Boot but I would like to compile U-Boot-1.1.3
for a MIPS processor (using the dbau1550 board). The big problem I have
is the occuring error while compiling. Unfortunatly, I couldn't find
some working advice in your mailing list. I have used the AMD
recommended cross compiler toolchain from MontaVista and the from
Wolfgang Denk recommended ELDK 3.1 toolchain, neighter works.

The error which occurs is:

/cpu/mips/start.S
/cpu/mips/start.S: Assembler messages:
/cpu/mips/start.S:246: Error: Cannot branch to undefined symbol.
/cpu/mips/start.S:251: Error: Cannot branch to undefined symbol.
/cpu/cpu/mips/start.S:263: Error: Cannot branch to undefined symbol.
make: *** [cpu/mips/start.o] Error 1

Could anybody give some hints or advices?

Lars