[U-Boot-Users] sometimes u-boot hang in the gunzip of kernel image when bootm

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 2 11:21:11 CET 2005

In message <50c9a2250512020007m6592dc85x8632418f83881cad at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> i used the uboot bootm to boot the kernel in sdram, sometimes it
> gunzip correctly and run into kernel_entry,sometimes it hang at gunzip
> the kernel, does someone has this situation?
> what may cause this ?

Incorrect initialization of SDRAM. Kernel stored at a too low address
so it gets overwritten by the uncompressed code. ...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
: 1.  What is the possibility of this being added in the future?
In the near future, the probability is close to zero. In the  distant
future, I'll be dead, and posterity can do whatever they like... :-)
                                                              - lwall