[U-Boot-Users] mpc85xx FCC ethernet

Nuno João (Ext_NBS) nuno.joao-ext_nbs at siemens.com
Mon Dec 5 18:24:05 CET 2005

Hello All,

I'm trying to use ethernet FCC on an board using MPC8541E, and
I'm having some problems. First of all, current code on u-boot
has a "known issue" that prevents it from working, which makes
me wonder if someone out there has ever used this code. You
can find further details at
http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2004-November/016050.html
but, basically, there was a parameter set to use a reserved area
in DPRAM. I changed CPM_FCC_SPECIAL_BASE fro 0xb000 to 0x9000 on
include/asm-ppc/cpm_85xx.h.
However, even with this change, I can only do tftp of small files
(a 1 to 3 tftp packets), otherwise u-boot hangs. If I stop it
afterward with a debugger, the CPU is executing in "no man's land".
My main question is: has anyone ever used FCC as ethernet on u-boot
for mpc85xx, and with what success?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Nuno