[U-Boot-Users] RE: U-Boot-Users digest, Vol 1 #1593 - 11 msgs

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 6 21:53:37 CET 2005

In message <4A062D477D842B4C8FC48EA5AF2D41F201865758 at us-bv-m23.global.tektronix.net> you wrote:
> For the 870 PPC processors, there is a check get_immr(0xFFFF) > 0x800 to

Why don't you chose a descriptive Subject: line?

> decide if it's a 866 and above processors.  We are using IMMR at offset
> 0?

What makes you think so? I don't see any offset in this test anywhere.

> address?  The PLL's I am setting were working before.  Any idea what
> might
> Be the problem with this check ?

What is your problem with it? The code works fine here.

> What does get_immr() return ?  Value of IMMR or value of a register at
> an offset n from value of IMMR ?  I am assuming the latter.

Why don't you simply check the source code? The function returns  the
content  of  the  IMMR  special  register,  logically  ANDed  with the
parameter "mask" of the funktion.

And why the  h***  do  you  quote  aboyut  800  lines  of  completely
unrelated messages here?

Please read the netiquette, and  follow  at  least  the  basic  rules
before posting here again!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Hiring experienced unix people is  like  a  built-in  filter  against
idiots. Hiring experienced NT people provides no such guarantee.
            -- Miguel Cruz in WgL96.349$CC.122704 at typhoon2.ba-dsg.net