[U-Boot-Users] NAND driver issue

Aubrey aubreylee at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 17:32:32 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm trying to enable NAND driver in uboot for my target board.
It's a ST nand chip, the part number is nand128w3a(small page, 16M*8bit).
After add its data info into the matrix nand_flash_ids[]  in the file
"include/linux/mtd/nand_ids.h" and add the nand driver interface
macros in my board head file, u-boot can find my NAND flash chip. And
I can run the command "nand bad" successfully.

But "nand read" and "nand write" failed because of ECC. So I try to
remove the macro "CONFIG_MTD_NAND_ECC" from the file
"common/cmd_nand.c", now it works. I can run "nand read" and "nand
write" successfully. The data wrote into the NAND flash and read back
is the same.

I can make sure that the hardware is no problem. I know ECC is very
important and can't be disabled. So, Is it a bug of NAND driver? Or
did I miss something?
Thanks for your any suggestions and comments.

Regards,
-Aubrey