[U-Boot-Users] Question about porting u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Dec 12 15:58:02 CET 2005

In message <67a3f13e0512120638m41a0cd16gedf89c6347597597 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I don't know how to determine CFG_ENV_ADDR. Why does it add 0x0F0000
> or 0x070000?

You must come up with a sector map of your flash device(s) and define
which sector(s) to use for the U-Boot environment. In this  case  the
offset  of  the  used sector chages depending on the size of the used
flash chips - it's always 0x10000 = 64 kB from the end.

> Another question is If I save u-boot in NOR flash, can my kernel boot from
> NAND? or should I save u-boot in NAND?

Yes, you can. No, you should not.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If God wanted me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees.