[U-Boot-Users] About a make error: "too many `l's in integer constant"

Gerhard Jaeger g.jaeger at sysgo.com
Fri Dec 16 09:41:00 CET 2005

Hi,

On Friday 16 December 2005 09:35, James Chen wrote:
> I tried the ELDK toolchain (version arm-2005-03-06.iso), but this
> error still occurs.
>
> Best Regards.
>
> On 12/14/05, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> > In message <eca8910f0512140716l197e80f6o388a987ab9d9ecf at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> > >
> > > 1. Is there any website providing workable toolchain for u-boot?
> >
> > You can use the ELDK; see http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKAvailability
> >
> > > 2. The following patch solves my problem, but I am not sure why this works?
> >
> > Neither am I. But your  toolchain  must  be  badly  misconfigured  or
> > otherwise broken, so who knows.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Wolfgang Denk

at that stage it's not a problem of your cross-toolchain, it's the problem of
the host compiler, having an old i.e. 2.95 compiler on your build system will
cause this error and as you stated correctly will disappear, when removing that
pedantic flag.

So, no worries, the u-boot should work.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Jaeger <gjaeger at sysgo.com>
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software