[U-Boot-Users] Re: Error when updating local git repo

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 27 19:52:35 CET 2005

In message <43B10360.2050704 at dave-tech.it> you wrote:

> I'm working with a local U-Boot repository that periodically is updated
> with your public one. I encountered the following error when trying to
> update it:
>

> [llandre at linuxserver u-boot-denx-dave]$ cg-update
> Recovering from a previously interrupted fetch...
> WARNING: The rsync access method is DEPRECATED and will be REMOVED in
> the future!

You may want to pay heed to this warning...

> What the following error messages mean?
>
> MERGE ERROR: File board/amcc/luan/u-boot.lds added in both branches, but
> different in each!

The file board/amcc/luan/u-boot.lds was added in both branches  which
you  are  trying  to  merge,  but  the  versions in both branches are
different. You will have to decide which one to use or what  else  to
do.

> MERGE ERROR: File board/esd/cms700/u-boot.lds removed in one branch but
> modified in the other!

The file board/esd/cms700/u-boot.lds was removed in  one  branch  but
modified  in  the  other  one. You will have to decide if it is to be
removed or if the modified version should be used or what else to do.

Ummm.. to me the error messages are pretty clear. What exactly is  it
what you don't understand?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-
bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the
road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space.
                              -- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy