[U-Boot-Users] Re: Re: really really tiny code

Ralph Siemsen rsiemsen at rossvideo.com
Wed Feb 2 19:40:50 CET 2005

Nishant Galange wrote:

> The only help I need is with gcc, or ppc_82xx-gcc, to be precise.
> I have no idea how to give it a single .S or .asm file and tell it to create a .bin.
> Makefiles? I only know how to use readymade ones, not to how to create one.

You will have to do some studying then to learn these basic things.
They are well documented (hint: read the gcc and binutils documentation)

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/
http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/docs-2.15/
http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Assembly-HOWTO/index.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html

Most important, learn to use google and it will answer all your
questions. :)

But please don't continue asking here, you will only anger the list
managers...

-R