[U-Boot-Users] libgcc pickup....

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 3 23:58:45 CET 2005

In message <r02010400-1037-A42C1278762611D9B21600039387ACB6@[10.0.1.1]> you wrote:
> Evening...

Monring... :-)

> Does someone has an idea why on OSX systems compiling u-boot

I don't even have an idea what OSX systems are.

> picks up host's libgcc.a in the end?

I think I just checked in a patch for this problem:

* Removed '--no-warn-mismatch' option from Makefile. This option
  makes 'ld' to overlook binary objects compatibility.

* Moved $(PLATFORM_LIBS) from the library group (--start-group ...
  --end-group) outside of the group. This will make 'ld' to do
  _multiple_ search in the library group when resolving symbol
  references and do only a _single_ seach in libgcc.a after the group
  search.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are  no  substitute  for  a  good
blaster at your side.                                      - Han Solo