[U-Boot-Users] libgcc pickup....

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 4 01:25:51 CET 2005

In message <r02010400-1037-2E5884BA763A11D9B21600039387ACB6@[10.0.1.1]> you wrote:

> > I don't even have an idea what OSX systems are.
>
> Those tiny little shiny and overpriced boxes from Apple? (o;

Umm... isn't this "OS X", then?

> Hmm..Makefile in CVS is 3 weeks old as per now....

I guess that's the usual delay between SF's developer machine and the
anonymous access mache(s).

> But with your changes suggested I still get the same:
> /usr/lib/libgcc.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index; run ranlib
>  to add one

I can't help it, but this looks like a pretty helpful  error  message
to me, and it smells somewhat like a tool problem on your build host.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
God runs electromagnetics by wave theory on  Monday,  Wednesday,  and
Friday,  and the Devil runs them by quantum theory on Tuesday, Thurs-
day, and Saturday.                                   -- William Bragg