[U-Boot-Users] Booting problems for Integrator/CP+ARM920T

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Feb 4 17:16:32 CET 2005

In message <41108D1A000E81D2 at hawk.dcu.ie> you wrote:

> >http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxKernelIgnoresMyBootargs
>
>  I have checked the above note but this is already the default with
>  Linux-2.6.9 (i.e. i dont have to modify anything here for ARM).

But...

>  I am trying to boot the kernel(+ramdisk) from RAM so when
>  building the kernel i use the following setting:
>
> CONFIG_CMDLINE="console=ttyUA0 mem=128M root=/dev/ram0 video=vc:1-2clcdfb
> ramdisk_size=17408 initrd=0x24500000,6980391

... why do you  encode  a  kernel  command  line  at  all  when  this
information gets passed to the kernel by U-Boot?

>  setenv bootargs console=ttyUA0 mem=128M root=/dev/ram0 video=vc:1-2clcdfb
>
>  Is this correct? Even if i just try to boot the kernel ignoring the
>  RAMDisk i still get "Starting kernel ..." then freeze nothing happens.

This doesn't make sense to me. I recomnmend to check the  passing  of
the  boot  arguments  again,  as outlined in the FAQ mentioned above.
Attach a debugger and check what your kernel is doing. At least  trry
a post-mortemn dump of the log buffer (see FAQ).

Anyway: I don't see how all this is related to U-Boot.  Seems  to  be
kernel problem and as such somewhat off-topic here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Der Dativ ist dem Genitiv sein Tod.