[U-Boot-Users] link error on first compile

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Fri Feb 4 18:40:26 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 20:59, Yang Yang wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> I also met this problem. When I use MV31 for MPC85xx cross-compiler to
> compile for board MPC8560ADS, I was stuck at exactly the same place : can't
> link examples/hello_world.o, however if I use ELDK's compiler everything is
> fine. So I digged into them a little bit deeper. The problem happens at
> examples/stubs.c, when compile it to generate stubs.o, no symbols like
> dummy, or printf is in stubs.o, which is needed when link hello_world.o
> later.

...and I mentioned it on this list here as well:

        From: Jon Loeliger <jdl at fr...>
        Those hello_world compilation problems
        2004-10-14 13:29

         Folks,

         I did some digging on our toolchain here on our
         new Yellowdog 4.0 installed machines.  They have
         a 3.3.2 compiler on them by default, apparently.

         As someone else discerned, that cause an issue with
         the dummy() function being static in the stubs.o file
         for the examples directory.

         I"ve found that all appears to be better if the test
         in the example/stubs.c file is changed from:

             #if GCC_VERSION < 3004
             #if GCC_VERSION < 3003

HTH,
jdl

PS -- Watch that list address carefully!