[U-Boot-Users] decrease boot time

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Feb 13 16:20:50 CET 2005

In message <20050213133833.GE13453 at synertronixx3> you wrote:

> What Image should I intend to boot with u-boot?

The output file of your invocation of the "mkimage" command.

> Wait, the mkImage prog is run with Image instead of zImage, right?

If you mean that (1) gzip Image >foo and foo == zImage  and  (2)  you
pass  the  option "-C none" when calling mkimage - then the answer is
yes.

> I tried this already a couple of weeks ago, but did not solve problems.

It did not solve which problems ? ;-)

> The "Image"? What has to be enabled in u-boot so it gets along with this
> type of image?

Nothing has to be added or enabled. Everything is there ready  to  be
used.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 22 - 24,  Hall 10.0 Booth 310
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The marvels of today's modern technology include the development of a
soda can, when discarded will last forever ... and a $7,000 car which
when properly cared for will rust out in two or three years.