[U-Boot-Users] About starup

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 14 20:49:10 CET 2005

In message <1ffb4b0705021408172cea4cfe at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>     When i start the non- compressed kernel, it will print "Linux
> version 2.4.18-rmk4", and when i bootup the compressed kernel ,
> "uncompressed linux ......" is displayed. Both situation will reboot
> the machine and come back to the bootloader. Do anybody know what is
> the problem? Do i set anything  wrong?

Yes, you did: the mail address you're sending this message to. If you
see a "Linux version" starup message that means that the Linux kernel
is already running and crashing. That means, you should probably  ask
on the Linux mailing list instead.

[I assume you did read the FAQ, like this one:
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxKernelIgnoresMyBootargs ]

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 22 - 24,  Hall 10.0 Booth 310
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I have often regretted my speech, never my silence.