[U-Boot-Users] _udivsi3 and _umodsi3 from the compiler libraries instead of libarm.a

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 15 00:35:02 CET 2005

In message <42112C01.9000003 at applieddata.net> you wrote:
> I had a problem linking u-boot for an IXP425 (ARM) board.  The problem
> was that _udivsi3 and _umodsi3 were being satisfied from the compiler
> libraries instead of libarm.a.
>
> One fix that works is to change this line in the top level Makefile:
>
> --start-group $(LIBS) $(PLATFORM_LIBS) --end-group \
>
> To this:
>
> --start-group $(LIBS) --end-group $(PLATFORM_LIBS) \

Yes, this is what we changed in recent versions of U-Boot.

> I'm concerned that this might break other stuff.  Is there a better way
> to fix this?

Can you please explain your concerns? Why should  this  break  "other
stuff"? Why should there be a "better way", i. e. what is it that you
dislike with this solution?

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 22 - 24,  Hall 10.0 Booth 310
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
America has been discovered before, but it has always been hushed up.
- Oscar Wilde