[U-Boot-Users] IBM/AMCC 440EP ethernet question

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 01:18:55 CET 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:09:52 -0800, Miles Gazic <mgazic at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I'm using a 440EP with MII mode selected, and a Broadcom AC101L phy.
> Autonegotiation was failing, so as an experiment, I tried replacing the
> start of autonegotiation in 440gx_enet.c, with setting the speed
> manually.

I'm not sure if I can help much, but I've managed to get the Ethernet
on the 440EP working.  We have an RMII PHY and use the file
405gp_enet.c.

If you use that file, there are no major changes (for RMII) to be
completed.  There was a small bug in the code that occurs for 440
Processors.  I have yet to finnish my port so there are no completed
patches yet.  The bug is simple and simple to fix (a missing else
condition).  Just look for "if( get_pvr() == PVR_440GP_RB)" if you are
interested.

With the 405gp_enet.c code (I am not sure about the 440gx_enet.c code)
the default operation of the ZMII is RMII so you might want to check
that something similar has not been set in the 440gx_enet.c code.

Good Luck,
--
Bradley Remedios
bremedios at gmail.com