[U-Boot-Users] Multiple Flash Devices

Shawn Jin shawnxjin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 09:17:07 CET 2005

Zachary,

> Is there a good method of setting up two flash devices at once?  As
> far as I can tell, all the flash functions (like flash_print_info, for
> example) can only be defined for one type of flash at a time.

You can use the addresses to differentiate which flash device are
accessed. Keep the same interfaces uboot has already had and just
develop your own functions to do the actual jobs.

> There are two solutions I have thought of so far.  One of them is pick
> whichever flash device is used the most and set that up normally.  For
> the other flash, I could create different functions for it and in the
> code that calls it I can make the necessary changes to call the right
> functions.  I don't like this as much, because I'd have to put special
> code various commands/ files to handle this.

Nah, I wouldn't do that.

> The other option might be to create my own flash function wrappers
> that call the appropriate flash function based on, for example, the
> address passed into the function.

That's what I did before on a EP8245 board. This way shields all the
differences.

Good luck,
-Shawn.