[U-Boot-Users] flash protect question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 24 23:35:32 CET 2005

In message <6.1.1.1.0.20050221150114.01dec810 at ptg1.spd.analog.com> you wrote:

>   - is the structure info->protect[n] suppose to be stored in non-volatile
> memory on a "saveenv"? It didn't seem to be, and thus every time I do a

No, it is not.

> 'reset', it current is set to the default (protect U-boot and nothing else.

Wrong. The default is to protect U-Boot and the envrionment variables.

> It didn't really say in the Manual if the software protection was volatile
> or not.

You may call it volatile.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 22 - 24,  Hall 10.0 Booth 310
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I can't say I've ever been lost, but I was bewildered once for  three
days.                                     - Daniel Boone (Attributed)