[U-Boot-Users] Porting UBoot without UART

Adam Kent adam at semicircular.net
Sun Feb 27 12:55:57 CET 2005

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <528646bc0502250800b68e268 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>
>>>Initialization order plays only a  role  here  as  a  console  device
>>>starts working too late. The native console port is the serial port.
>>
>>So what needs to be modified to do this?  Create new serial_putc,
>>_getc, _init etc. functions that send messages to where he needs them?

For what it's worth, I have recently completed a port of U-Boot to a
custom board with no serial port in the design.  It does, however,
have a functioning ethernet port, which we set up to use as a
netconsole.  Sure, most of the informative boot up messages are
missed, but to paraphrase Wolfgang, "get a BDI 2000"!  ;)

Good Luck,
Adam Kent