[U-Boot-Users] Flash adress, memory ??

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 28 11:46:25 CET 2005

In message <4bdc54b0050228020837223c9a at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> 1) Is it true that we can't (or difficult) to put u-boot in SDRAM?

Which part of the FAQ didn't you understand?
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/CanUBootBeConfiguredSuchThatItCanBeStartedInRAM

> 2) What represent CFG_ENV ?

What exactly do you mean? Ther eis no such thing as CFG_ENV.

> 3) If I want to put u-boot on a FLASH memory, i need to use
> CFG_ENV_FLASH, but what adress to put?

It's you who designs the memory map of your system. Make sure to take
into account the reset vector address of your processor.

> In fact, in my project, to declare the flash memory, I have this information:
>
> Flash 1Mx32
>  C_BASEADDR: 0x82003000
>  C_HIGHADDR : 0x820031FF
>  C_MEM0_BASEADDR: 0x83600000
>  C_MEM0_HIGHADDR : 0x836FFFFF
>  C_MEM0_BASEADDR: 0x84000000
>  C_MEM0_HIGHADDR : 0x843FFFFF
>
> FLASH_RESET
>  C_BASEADDR: 0x82004000
>  C_HIGHADDR : 0x820041FF
>
> FLASH_READY
>  C_BASEADDR: 0x82005000
>  C_HIGHADDR : 0x820051FF

And you expect that we all know  what  FLASH_RESET,  FLASH_READY  and
C_MEMO_*  means  in  your  project?  I'm  sorry, but at the moment my
crystal ball is in dire need of an ectoplasmic upgrade.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A bore is someone who persists in holding his own views after we have
enlightened him with ours.