[U-Boot-Users] Verifying checksum problems.

warrier at optovia.com warrier at optovia.com
Mon Feb 28 23:55:03 CET 2005

Okay
    Firstly let me apologise. It seems I have no control on how my mails
are sent. We are forced to use and ancient version of Lotus Notes here and
I'm not sure how the rest of the folks on this list
receive the mails that I send when I reply "with history" which is Notes
quaint way of including your replies to my questions etc.
   So
    A) I have not posted HTML to this list. I see no reason to. Any HTML
links that have may have been added seems to have been done by this
blessed mailer.
    B) The quote that you claim I have used improperly is something you,
Mr.Denk  pulled out of my first post. It was from my original post and you
cut and pasted it in your reply. My mailer seems to have mangled this
somehow.
    C) Hence do not look below the area that contains my name Sadanand
Warrier because that is where what I type ends and the rest of it is stuff
that is added by Notes.

Now to come to the problem.
    1) My uncompressed kernel image is approximately 1.1M. I don't know if
its huge from a Linux background , but from mine it is.
    2) Yes the RAM is fine.  POST does not show any problems and I can
reproduce this on 3 boards.
    3) I've read the README and I'm still perplexed.  It is obviously the
kernel decompression that causes the corruption. However I am at a loss to
understand that right now.

    If you feel that this thread can be terminated please do so. I'm not
getting any closer to a solution other than the one I came up with and I
seem to be wasting everybody else's bandwidth and time.

This is where my current mail ends.

Thanks

Sadanand Warrier

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>