[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot & FTP

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 5 01:46:50 CET 2005

Dear Tolunay,

in message <41DB36C9.3080807 at orkun.us> you wrote:

> I can think of one case where FTP would be desirable. If the host is
> behind a stateful firewall and TFTP Server is on the other side, the

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to attempt to  run  TFTP  across  a
firewall. If you need a firewall, you don't want to have TFTP traffic
running through it.

> client might not be able to access the TFTP server properly. Because per

How about using NFS?

> but I can see it may be needed by some. A very basic lightweight and
> tight TCP support could be developped for FTP support. There are some
> TCP implementations for really limited resource hosts.

I didn't say it is impossible. It's just unlikely to be added.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Alliance: In international politics, the union  of  two  thieves  who
have  their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pocket that they
cannot separately plunder a third.                   - Ambrose Bierce