[U-Boot-Users] How to pause u-boot after serial init

Nishant Galange nishant.subs at myrealbox.com
Thu Jan 6 17:00:45 CET 2005

Dear all,

I have a query regarding my custom board (8266 based PMC card, 512K boot flash, Himem (top boot), 32 MB main flash,  128 MB SDRAM, u-boot 1.1.1).

When trying to bring up the serial port, I want to stop execution after serial initialization. So, I inserted an infinite loop ('hang') in init_sequence[] in lib_ppc/board.c.

The problem is that a 'hang' placed just after console_init_f works but I can't see any display on Hype Terrminal, because no prints have happened yet.

And a 'hang' placed after 'display options' dosen't even load! The data lines (seen on a Logic Analyzer) show all 0s

Can anybody please shed some light on this problem? Any help / hints will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Nishant.