[U-Boot-Users] mpc5200 relocation problem

Giorgio Delmondo gdelmondo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 11:32:42 CET 2005

Hi,
I designed an MPC5200 with 256MB RAM (4 x 512Mb chips; MT48LC32M16A2,
8x16bitx4banks). When I force U-boot to just use the first 128 MB,
everything  is ok (I force the return value from the routine exploring
the RAM size).
If I try to use the full 256 MB it crashes in the relocation phase
(not always at the same point). I'm quite sure the RAM is working, as
a test RAM program, residing in the low RAM and testing the full
memory from 0x08000000 to 0x0fffffff, always gives result ok (it's
started from U-boot running in low memory).
I'm using u-boot 1.1.1

Any suggestion?

Many thanks