[U-Boot-Users] MPC8272ADS PCI limitation in u-boot

Milligan, Keath kmilligan at austin.polycom.com
Fri Jan 7 17:58:30 CET 2005

In include/configs/MPC8260ADS.h in the PCI windows definitions, it looks
like we are limited to accessing 512MB of prefetchable PCI memory and 512MB
of non-prefetchable PCI memory.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone know if these are actual hardware limitations of the 8272ADS?
I am working on a prototype where I need to be access a large amount of PCI
memory and I'm hoping I can use the 8272ADS as a platform.

2) Right now each window appears to be arbitrarily set up to be 512mb, the
prefetchable window is located at 80000000 and the non-pretchable window is
located at A0000000. Can these be rearranged? For instance, can I reduce the
size of the non-prefetchable window and move and increase the size of the
prefetchable window?

Any insight on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Keath