[U-Boot-Users] fs/ext2/ext2fs.c bug and patch

Andrew Dyer amdyer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 21:32:39 CET 2005

Hi all,
        In the course of getting ext2 support to work on our platform
I noticed that
the ext2load command calls ext2fs_open() and uses a return code of less than
0 as an error indication, otherwise the return value is a length.

ext2fs_open() uses 0 to indicate a returned error, so the ext2load command
doesn't properly flag errors coming back from the filesystem code.  The ext2load
command is the only caller of ext2fs_open() that I could see.

The attached patch changes the return codes from ext2fs_open() to be negative
on an error.

--
Hardware, n.:
        The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.