[U-Boot-Users] auto-negotiate timed out problem!!

amit tripathi amit1_linux1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 14:55:38 CET 2005

Hi All,

   I am running u-boot for my custom board. I have
SMC91C111 ethernet device for my board.I am able to
download the kernel image using serial port and run
the complete linux kernel. In linux the ethernet
driver works fine.

Now I want to enable the ethernet driver in u-boot and
download my kernel image over the network. When I am
trying to do a ping I am getting the following error.

SMC91111:PHY auto-negotiate timed out
SMC91111:PHY auto-negotiate timed out

Can sombody tell me what is this problem? Is my driver
initalization going wrong some where. I see in the
network using ethereal on other machine that no
packets are comming out from my target board. How do I
debug where the problem can be?

thanks and regards,
Amit