[U-Boot-Users] How BRG output can be routed to a pin

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Jan 11 23:02:07 CET 2005

Apoorv_Sangal wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am working on Motorola Power Quicc II 8266 based PMC card.
> Can any one please let me know how to route the BRG output to a pin.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Apoorv

You need to initialize the proper port to do this.
1) Figure out which port pin the BRG comes out.  Many functions are
routable to two different pins, a "primary" (bolded in the User's
Manual) and "secondary".  Board schematics and/or hardware support is
helpful here.  For instance, BRG6:BRGO is PC21.

2) Look this up in Section 35 of your 8260 User's Manual (or other
documentation).

3) In my random pick of BRG6, Table 35-7 (p. 35-15) shows that bit 21 of
register PSORC needs to be 0 and bit 21 of PDIRC needs to be 1.

4) Find your board's port initialization and Do The Right Thing with it
(alternately, you may need/want to put this in your support code for
whatever is using the BRG).

gvb