[U-Boot-Users] Trouble w/GLOBAL_DATA_PTR on PXA255

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 12 09:57:02 CET 2005

In message <41E48799.8080108 at voxware.com> you wrote:

> on ARM platforms.  I guess the question is then - what is supposed to be
> in r8, and where is this supposed to be set up?  It looks like the setup
> for "gd" is simply incorrect for my platform, but I am not sure how it
> supposed to be.

You found section "Initial Stack, Global Data" in the README,  didn't
you?  Initialization  of  the  global  data  pointer  is architecture
specific,   but   not   board-dependent.   See   start_armboot()   in
"lib_arm/board.c"

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable  one
persists  in  trying  to  adapt  the  world to himself. Therefore all
progress depends on the unreasonable man."      - George Bernard Shaw