[U-Boot-Users] .../board/fads/flash.c confuses me - give me a hint

Peter Asemann peter.asemann at web.de
Wed Jan 12 15:43:52 CET 2005

Im writing my own flash.c for "my" custom board in the moment.
That's why I'm trying to understand what the flash.c does.
I thought I got it when I encountered the following problem examining
board/fads/flash.c

All functions in there seem to be written to handle 4x8bit flash banks.
As indication for that are - in my opinion - the QUAD_ID macro in line
41+ and the fact that 0xAAAAAAAA, 0x55555555 and 0x90909090 and not
0x00AA00AA, 0x00550055 and 0x00900090 are written in the auto select
command sequence, beginning in line 227 (u-boot 1.1.2).
But they do write to the addresses which are typical - my fine flash
datasheet says - for word-mode flash access.
So the data written seems not to fit the addresses written to.

I'd be very happy if someone could give me a hint what I missed or what
I got wrong or why it must be that way though.

Peter Asemann