[U-Boot-Users] .../board/fads/flash.c confuses me - give me a hint

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 12 23:19:35 CET 2005

In message <41E57BAA.3010906 at web.de> you wrote:

> Ahh... thanks for the hint. But anyway... the u-boot readme says an own
> flash.c was a minimum requirement for a port. If the generic driver
> works, why do people write customs flash.c's at all? All modern flash

Code size.

> chips seem to support CFI anyway. Is there an example for a port that

Argh.. I really wish that was the case. It ain't so.

> "only" uses the cfi_flash.c so I can take a look on it?

Sure, many. For example:

	bash$ cd include/configs
	bash$ grep -l CFI_ *
	Adder.h
	ISPAN.h
	MPC8540ADS.h
	MPC8541CDS.h
	MPC8555CDS.h
	MPC8560ADS.h
	SBC8540.h
	SBC8560.h
	SX1.h
	TQM5200.h
	Total5200.h
	ZPC1900.h
	assabet.h
	csb272.h
	csb472.h
	dbau1x00.h
	eXalion.h
	gcplus.h
	omap1510inn.h
	ppmc8260.h
	quantum.h
	sbc8560.h
	uc100.h

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"You ain't experienced..." "Well, nor are you." "That's true. But the
point is ... the point is ... the point is we've been not experienced
for a lot longer than you. We've got  a  lot  of  experience  of  not
having any experience."           - Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_