[U-Boot-Users] PCMCIA Networking w/u-boot-1.1.1+

Craig A. Vanderborgh craigv at voxware.com
Wed Jan 12 23:31:01 CET 2005

Hello Everyone:

We have become quite interested in using u-boot's tftp & dhcp features.
Unfortunately, our custom board has only a PCMCIA slot (no ethernet
interface).  So if we are to use networking at all, we'll have to do it
with PCMCIA cards.

What is the status of PCMCIA networking in u-boot?  I have looked
through the sources and it seems that current PCMCIA functionality is
limited to ATA flash cards at the moment.  If this is so, what would we
have to do to get PCMCIA networking running in u-boot?

I am not put off by working on PCMCIA drivers - I have already done a
lot of PCMCIA net driver work this month, so a little bit more isn't
going to kill me.  We need to get NE2000 working first, and then
Cisco/Aironet wireless working after that.  If at all possible, please
say a few words about what would have to be done where in u-boot to make
this happen.  I am first and foremost interested in doing this job
correctly so that I can submit patches to Wolfgang et al.

Thanks in advance,
craig vanderborgh
voxware incorporated