[U-Boot-Users] .../board/fads/flash.c confuses me - give me a hint

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Thu Jan 13 04:19:15 CET 2005

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>>supported by cfi_flash.c and works well, it is probably not a good idea
>>to develop a custom flash driver.
>>

>I disagree if you give this as general advice. You have to  know  the
>requirements  of  the project, and understand what you're doing. Only
>then you can give intelligent advice.

Wolfgang, you made a good point regarding code size. I agree, there are
always good reasons not to go with one size fits all approach.

As you see, I said "probably" instead of talking absolute terms. Also, I
mentioned "if it works well". If the code does not fit in the space, it
does not work at all.