[U-Boot-Users] ARM Integrator AP patch 2

jean-paul.saman at philips.com jean-paul.saman at philips.com
Thu Jan 13 09:28:23 CET 2005

Hmm,. looks like I forgot to attach the patch. Anyway here is it.:

Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Philips Semiconductors CTO/RTG
Building: WDA
Philips HighTech Campus
tel: +31 (0)40 27 45131

jean-paul.saman+FromInterNet at philips.com
Sent by:
u-boot-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
12-01-2005 17:22

        To:     u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net
        cc:     (bcc: Jean-Paul Saman/EHV/SC/PHILIPS)
        Subject:        Re: [U-Boot-Users] ARM Integrator AP patch 2
        Classification:

Made the patch specific to a board/cpu combination as suggested by Peter
Pears.

Starting U-boot directly from the flash on the ARM integrator ommitted
setting of the Core Module control register flag that remaps SSRAM to the
base memory address 0x0000000. The problem surfaces when the ARM core
(920T in my case) is mounted on a motherboard.(Integrator AP) and the
bootloader started from flash. Starting the bootloader from the ARM
debugger does not reveal this problem. It automatically sets this bit by
default and explains why some people did not see the problem.

Added documentation to the README file that describes that the options
CONFIG_CM9x0, CONFIG_INTEGRATOR and CFG_INTEGRATOR_CM_REMAP should be
defined to turn this behaviour on.

jean-paul.saman+FromInterNet at philips.com
Sent by:
u-boot-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
12-01-2005 14:46

        cc:     (bcc: Jean-Paul Saman/EHV/SC/PHILIPS)
        Subject:        [U-Boot-Users] ARM Integrator AP patch
        Classification: Unclassified

Starting U-boot directly from the flash on the ARM integrator ommitted
setting of the Core Module control register flag that remaps SSRAM to the
base memory address 0x0000000. The problem surfaces when the ARM core
(920T in my case) is mounted on a motherboard.(Integrator AP) and the
bootloader started from flash. Starting the bootloader from the ARM
debugger does not reveal this problem. It automatically sets this bit by
default and explains why some people did not see the problem.

Here is the patch please apply and/or comment on it.

Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Philips Semiconductors CTO/RTG
Building: WDA
Philips HighTech Campus
tel: +31 (0)40 27 45131

[attachment "u-boot-12012005-integratorap-jpsaman-1.patch" deleted by
Jean-Paul Saman/EHV/SC/PHILIPS]