[U-Boot-Users] starting with u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 14 16:49:26 CET 2005

In message <000a01c4fa26$7c202840$a1b9a8c0 at ZhuYong> you wrote:
> Now I burn the u-boot.bin into flash.

Good.

> After reset the board, code stopped after some running.

Analyze the "some running" part.

> I know that U-boot will copy code from flash to RAM after startup, but how
> do I know if the data copied correctly?

Rn the code under the debugger. You got a Trace32.  This  is  a  very
expensive tool (you can get several BDI2000's for it), so make use of
it. Set break points, single step etc. Use the tools you got.

> If content in flash and RAM are totally different, does it mean my RAM not
> initialized correctly? Or they are supposed to be different?

Naybe the code just crashed before copying the code,  maybe  anything
else  happened.  How could we know? It is YOU who is sitting in front
of a high-tech debugger. USE IT!!

> What's the possible reason to stuck at data_abort?

This can be anything. Debug your code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Digital computers are themselves more complex than most things people
build: They have very large numbers of states. This makes conceiving,
describing, and testing them hard. Software systems  have  orders-of-
magnitude more states than computers do.           - Fred Brooks, Jr.