[U-Boot-Users] Revision COntrol, Patch Database

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Jan 18 23:49:36 CET 2005

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <41ED32F0.3020109 at smiths-aerospace.com> you wrote:
>
>>The obvious answer (but not necessarily the correct answer :-) is gforge
>>   http://gforge.org/
>>It says it can use subversion for version control as well as cvs.  That
>>doesn't get you your distributed repository, however it does make it an
>>easier switch.
>

> Subversion is nice, but distributed repositories are essential to me.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Another possibility is Aegis by Peter Miller
   http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/softeng/Aegis/README.html
   http://aegis.sourceforge.net/
I have not used it, but have looked it over several times.  It looks
intriguing.  It also looks rather more heavyweight than arch.

I was looking at arch a bit, thinking it should be usable with gforge.
A quick google search showed others thought the same thing, including a
big thread pointed to in the article "Arch and XMLRPC and BugZilla,
posted 8 Aug 2003" (getting pretty old):
   http://www.advogato.org/article/694.html
but the links to the discussions are dead.  It also isn't clear what the
discussion was (since it is MIA), whether it was gforge or gsoap or
bugzilla or ???

gvb