[U-Boot-Users] 440EP nand flash controller

Philippe Villet philippe.villet at acterna.com
Tue Jan 25 16:25:42 CET 2005

We are already using u-boot (ppcboot) on our custom board with a 405GPr.
U-boot is stored in a 1MB NOR Flash, linux kernel and FS into
128MB of NAND FLASH.
We want to use a 440EP for the next generation of products.
It includes direct nand flash controller and is able to boot from this
nand ( Execute a linear sequence
of boot code out of single page of first block (512B)).
Is it possible  to run U-boot from Nand flash ?
(In this case no more NOR flash is needed on my board)
Does anyone have some experience with 440EP nand flash controller and
U-BOOT ?
Probably a better solution is to use a nor flash for U-Boot and use the
440EP nand flash controller to provide
a glue less interface between 440EP and Nand devices (used to store linux
kernel and FS).
Any advice about U-BOOT and 440EP is welcome.
Thanks.

Philippe.