[U-Boot-Users] Updating u-boot environment

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 26 10:38:58 CET 2005

In message <41F6D3AA.3070800 at sun.com> you wrote:

> Thank you for your response. I need to provide an interface to the folks
> at our manufacturing facility so that they can enter the MAC address for
> the MPC embedded controller and I can write it to the u-boot

U-Boot has such an interface builtin. It is the "setenv" command.  It
is  trivial  to write script (for example using "expect") to automate
such command sequences.

And I already mentioned several other potential solutions for such  a
task.

Did you read my previous message? I wrote:

> "setenv"  command  is a builtin. Youc an put calls to the "setenv" or
> "askenv" in a text file (= shell script), use the  mkimage  tool  (-T

Did you look up what the "setenv" and "askenv" are doing?  Especially
"askenv"??

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"An open mind has but one disadvantage: it collects dirt."
                                                    - a saying at RPI