[U-Boot-Users] smc91111.c : error: label at end of compound statement

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 27 09:10:11 CET 2005

In message <20050127063951.66064.qmail at web53603.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I have tried to cross-compile (arm-linux-gcc-3.4.0)
> u-boot source-code with smc91111.c driver enabled. I
> am getting this error, because of recent changes in
> gcc-3.4.x series to detect them.
> smc91111.c: In function `smc_phy_configure':
> smc91111.c:1343: error: label at end of compound
>
>       smc_phy_configure_exit:

This is old code. Please use a current version of U-Boot instead.

> It seems to me that no one there tried the above
> combination. Simple solution is to put some dummy

It seems to me that you didn't bother to check  before  making  bogus
statement.  This  problem was fixed by a patch by Ladislav Michl more
than half a year ago.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the  one  I've
never tried before.                     -- Mae West, "Klondike Annie"