[U-Boot-Users] comment in mpc8xx - cpu_init.c - line 76

Peter Asemann peter.asemann at web.de
Fri Jan 28 16:25:29 CET 2005

Line 76 in the most up-to-date version of
.../u-boot/cpu/mpc8xx/cpu_init.c tells me NOT to change EBDF.
Do I need to stick to this... advice?

The Hard Reset Configuration word of my MPC875-powered hardware is
hard-wired to set the SCCR[EBDF] to 01 (half bus speed) at hard reset in
the moment.
I had hoped that I could change SCCR[EBDF] to 00 (full bus speed) via
software if needed.

So - is the comment in the code some kind of serious warning, for the
CPU will burn or crash if I try to change EBDF via software, or may I
ignore it? I'd need the hardware guys to put in some additional jumper
in case I can't change SCCR[EBDF] by software for some reason.

Thanks for your time,

Peter Asemann