[U-Boot-Users] MIPS build environment

Eugene Surovegin ebs at ebshome.net
Sun Jan 30 02:43:51 CET 2005

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 02:24:34AM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <20050130002030.GA24482 at gate.ebshome.net> you wrote:
> >
> > As a side note, "Setup temporary stack" is completely bogus and isn't
> > needed, at least for 4kc which has a write-through dcache (4kc is the
> > only MIPS arch currently supported, btw).
>
> Supported where or by what? You aren't speaking  about  U-Boot  here,
> right? Because Infineon's Purple board is a 5Kc system.

This is taken from cpu/mips/config.mk

MIPSFLAGS=$(shell \
if [ "$v" -lt "14" ]; then \
        echo "-mcpu=4kc -EB -mabicalls"; \
else \
        echo "-march=4kc -mtune=4kc -Wa,-mips_allow_branch_to_undefined -EB -mabicalls"; \
fi)

Also, this is part from Makefile:

ifeq ($(ARCH),mips)
CROSS_COMPILE = mips_4KC-
endif

So, what is all this then, an exercise in obfuscation? I can tell, it
was successfully, I really thought only 4kc is supported, my apologies,
Wolfgang.

Anyway, my comment still stands, this is bogus and cannot work for 4kc
at least. The only reason INCA-IP port works is because memory is
really initialized before stack is accessed.

--
Eugene