[U-Boot-Users] MIPS build environment

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Jan 30 10:18:55 CET 2005

Deear Dan,

in message <ff6e59bad677e5375666e34e99d50cbd at embeddededge.com> you wrote:

ifndef CROSS_COMPILE

> > ifeq ($(ARCH),mips)
> > CROSS_COMPILE = mips_4KC-
> > endif

> Any objections to setting CROSS_COMPILE in include/config.mk
> and allow setting it within the 'mkconfig' part of the Makefile?

Yes. Please don't do this, as it is not  necessary.  The  "mips_4KC-"
setting  above  is  just the default which is used when the user does
not supply a CROSS_COMPILE setting either in his  environment  or  in
the make command line. This should be sufficient.

> I still don't know what to do with the rest of the config.mk, as it
> sets R4Kc specific flags based upon the binutils version.

This   is   because   we   needed   a   way   to    find    out    if
"allow_branch_to_undefined"  is  available;  maybe  you know a better
approach.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A committee is a group that keeps the minutes and loses hours.
                                                      -- Milton Berle