[U-Boot-Users] Does u-boot relocate absolute symbols?

Andreas Block andreas.block at esd-electronics.com
Fri Jul 1 10:01:08 CEST 2005

Rune: I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I sent this mail to you instead
of the U-Boot mailinglist.

And WD already slapped me for sending this example...

30.06.2005 18:54:40, "Rune Torgersen" <runet at innovsys.com> wrote:

> Wow.... This surprises me...
> I have alwayts thought that *test and test[] would be the same thing.
>
> Only solutionI can see is to change the definition in common.c to be
> *test, this will still get the address of test[] defined elsewhere.
> (See attached files)

Thanks, for your effort. Actually your suggestion is the way it's
currently working
here, but as I described in my first post, I'm looking for a way, which
leaves the
common code untouched. In my first post on 24.06.05 I've another solution,
which is
working for Linux, but does not in U-Boot.

Regards,
Andreas