[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on OSK

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 4 09:29:15 CEST 2005

In message <764af189050703233551918471 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am using u-boot-1.1.2 on my OSK board to boot linux. But my final
> application wants me to divide the flash in to two banks of 16M each.

A "bank" of memory is the set of chips that are addressed  using  the
same  chip  select  line.  And  "application" is usually a term for a
program running in (Linux) user Space (vs.  kernel  space).  Assuming
you  use  standard  terms,  then please tell your application that it
cannot modify the hardware.

> If i have to divide my flash in to two banks what are all the files
> that i have to modify.

The flash driver and/or your board config file.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The rule on staying alive as a program manager is to give 'em a  num-
ber or give 'em a date, but never give 'em both at once.