[U-Boot-Users] about do_bootm_linux in cmd_bootm.c

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 4 12:25:59 CEST 2005

In message <50c9a225050704023652e17de1 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> i used u-boot to run kernel,and it only stoped at "starting
> kernel...",so i add some prinft command in cmd_bootm.c as follow:

As usual with messages  that  don't  include  any  information  about
processor  architecture,  board name, U-Boot version or anything like
that you should not expect a really useful reply.

> do_bootm()
> {
> do_bootm_linux()
> {...
> 	void	(*kernel)(bd_t *, ulong, ulong, ulong, ulong);
>         printf("enter the do_bootm_linux \n");
> 	image_header_t *hdr = &header;
> but i run get as follow
> befor do_bootm_linux
>
> Starting kernel ...
>

> so if it can not run to  printf("enter the do_bootm_linux \n"), where
> it puts the "Starting kernel ..."

So you obviously modified the wrong code in the  wrong  source  file.
There  are  at  leats  8  files  which implement the do_bootm_linux()
function, depending on which processor you are using.

Also note, that your problem has probably NOTHING to do  with  U-Boot
at all. Read the FAQ.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No, I'm not going to explain it. If you  can't  figure  it  out,  you
didn't want to know anyway... :-)
                   - Larry Wall in <1991Aug7.180856.2854 at netlabs.com>